- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Sir George Howland Beaumont (1753-1827)
- 1799 - 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 24 × 31 cm, 9 ½ × 12 ¼ in
- Object Type
- Work after an Amateur Artist
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 316 as 'c. 1799'
- Description Source(s)
- Auction Catalogue; Paul Mellon Centre Photographic Archive
Sir George Howland Beaumont, 7th Baronet (1753–1827); then by descent to Sir George Howland Francis Beaumont, 12th Baronet (1924–2011), 1949; David Eccles, 1st Viscount Eccles (1904–99); P & D Colnaghi & Co Ltd, 1979; Christie’s, 15 June 1982, lot 39, £2,376; Christie's, 15 November 1983, lot 167, £1,188
Herrmann and Owen, 1973, p.47
- 1 A list of subscribers is included in John Girtin’s account of the income he received from the Picturesque Views in Paris, together with the expenses incurred in completing the project. They are transcribed in the Documents section of the Archive (1804 – Item 1).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.