- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Bilton Banks, on the River Nidd, near Knaresborough
- 1799 - 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite on wove paper
- 11.4 × 16.5 cm, 4 ½ × 6 ½ in
‘Bilton Banks, Knarsboro’ lower centre, by (?) Thomas Girtin
- Part of
- Yorkshire Sketchbook, 1799–1800
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing
- Subject Terms
- River Scenery; Yorkshire View
- Harewood House, Yorkshire
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 373 as 'Bilton Bridge, near Knaresborough'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Henry Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood (1882–1947); then by descent
Borenius, 1936, no.312 as 'Bilton Bank, Knaresborough'; Hill, 1995, p.35
- 1 Details are transcribed in the Documents section of the Archive (1804 – Item 1).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work