- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Sir George Howland Beaumont (1753-1827)
- The Greta Bridge, Keswick
- 1799 - 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 25 × 31.5 cm, 9 ⅞ × 12 ⅜ in
- Object Type
- Work after an Amateur Artist
- Subject Terms
- Hills and Mountains; River Scenery; The Lake District
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 314 as 'Called Keswick'; 'c. 1799'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Sir George Howland Beaumont, 7th Baronet (1753–1827); then by descent to Sir George Howland Francis Beaumont, 12th Baronet (1924–2011), 1949; N. D. Carrington; Sotheby’s, 13 July 1989, lot 123, as 'View of Keswick, Cumberland', £3,080
Herrmann and Owen, 1973, p.47
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work