- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Wetherby Bridge and Mills, Looking across the Weir
- (?) 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on wove paper
- 11.5 × 17.6 cm, 4 ½ × 6 ⅞ in
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing
- Subject Terms
- River Scenery; Wind and Water Mills; Yorkshire View
- Private Collection, Norfolk
Wetherby Bridge and Mills, Looking across the Weir
Wetherby Bridge and Mills, Looking across the Weir (TG1642)
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 348 as 'Hexham Bridge'; '1800'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and April 2022
J. Palser & Sons; bought by Sir Hickman Bacon (1855–1945), 1 April 1901; then by descent
Hill, 1999, p.42
- 1 Details are transcribed in the Documents section of the Archive (1804 – Item 1).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work