- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Sir George Howland Beaumont (1753-1827)
- A Bridge over the River Derwent, Watendlath
- 1799 - 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper (watermark: CR)
- 26.2 × 32 cm, 10 ¼ × 12 ½ in
- Object Type
- Visible Fold in the Paper; Work after an Amateur Artist
- Subject Terms
- Hills and Mountains; The Lake District; Waterfall Scenery
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 313 as 'Grange Bridge in Borrowdale'; 'c. 1799'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Sir George Howland Beaumont, 7th Baronet (1753–1827); then by descent to Sir George Howland Francis Beaumont, 12th Baronet (1924–2011), 1949; Alan Douglas Pilkington (1890–1973); bequeathed to the College, 1973
Geneva, 1955, no.68; London, 1958c, no.43; London, 1963b, no.42; Grasmere, 1986, no.122; Grasmere, 2006, no.20
Herrmann and Owen, 1973, p.46; Fleming-Williams, 1990, p.83; Hebron, Shields and Wilcox, 2006, p.142
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work