- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Spofforth, with the Tower of All Saints Church
- 1799 - 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on wove paper (possibly with a discoloured fixative)
- 11.4 × 17.3 cm, 4 ½ × 6 ¾ in
'Spofforth' on the back, by (?) Thomas Girtin
- Part of
- Yorkshire Sketchbook, 1799–1800
- Object Type
- On-the-spot Colour Sketch
- Subject Terms
- Yorkshire View; Gothic Architecture: Parish Church
- Catalogue Number
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in March 2022
Possibly George Hibbert (1757–1837); then by descent
- 1 Details are transcribed in the Documents section of the Archive (1804 – Item 1).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work