- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Sir George Howland Beaumont (1753-1827)
- Colwith Force, on the River Brathay
- 1799 - 1800
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on paper
- 21 × 28 cm, 8 ¼ × 11 in
- Object Type
- Work after an Amateur Artist
- Subject Terms
- Hills and Mountains; The Lake District; Waterfall Scenery
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 315 as 'Culloth Force, Cumberland'; 'c. 1799'
- Description Source(s)
- Auction Catalogue
Sir George Howland Beaumont, 7th Baronet (1753–1827); then by descent to Sir George Howland Francis Beaumont, 12th Baronet (1924–2011), 1949; P & D Colnaghi Ltd; bought by Ray Livingston Murphy (d.1953); sale of his estate, Christie’s, 19 November 1985, lot 36 as 'Culloth Force, Cumberland', £3,240; private collection, London
London, 1988b, p.64; Sudbury, 1991, no.53; Grasmere, 2006, no.22 as ’Culloth Force’
Herrmann and Owen, 1973, p.47; Owen and Brown, 1988, p.46
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work