- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Westminster and Lambeth: Outline Study for the Eidometropolis, Section Three
- (?) 1801
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and pen and ink on wove paper, squared for transfer
- 32 × 54 cm, 12 ⅝ × 21 ¼ in
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing; Study for a Panorama
- Subject Terms
- City Life and Labour; London and Environs
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 230i as 'Girtin's Panorama of London (Eidometropolis): Sector VI ... Working Drawing'; '1797'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001, 2002 and 2016
Thomas Calvert Girtin (1801–74); then by descent to Thomas Girtin (1874–1960); given to Tom Girtin (1913–94), c.1938; his sale, Sotheby’s, 14 November 1991, lot 107; bought by the Museum through Marlborough Rare Books
Cambridge, 1920, no.54; London, 1962a, no.130; London, 1988a, no.35; London, 2002, no.152
Smith, 2018, pp.51–53
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work