- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Blackfriars Bridge to London Bridge: Outline Study for the Eidometropolis, Section Seven
- (?) 1801
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and pen and ink on wove paper, squared for transfer
- 23.6 × 50 cm, 9 ¼ × 19 ⅝ in
‘Blackfriars Bridge’ lower left, by a later hand; ‘leave out this vesel’ lower right, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing; Study for a Panorama
- Subject Terms
- City Life and Labour; London and Environs; The River Thames
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 226i as 'Girtin's Panorama of London (Eidometropolis): Sector II'; '1797'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001, 2002 and 2016
Charles Cheers Wakefield (1859–1941); presented to the Guildhall Art Gallery, 1937
Smith, 2018, pp.62–65
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work