- (?) Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- The North Bank of the Thames with St Bride's, St Paul's and Blackfriars Bridge from Upper Ground, Southwark
- 1800 - 1801
- Medium and Support
- Graphite, pen and ink and watercolour on laid paper (watermark: IHS / VILLEDARY), squared for transfer
- 15.6 × 43.8 cm, 6 ⅛ × 17 ¼ in
‘For a Scene' on the back; 'Thomas Girtin / Part of scheme for his / Panorama of the / Thames banks. / B. Mus. has the two / adjoining sections / right and left in /water colours' on the back, in an early twentieth-century hand
- Object Type
- Study for a Theatrical Scene
Smith, 2018, pp.33–34
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.