- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Giovanni Antonio Canal (Canaletto) (1697-1768)
- Venice: The Rialto Bridge
- 1796 - 1797
- Medium and Support
- Graphite, watercolour and pen and ink on wove paper
- 37.6 × 51.1 cm, 14 ¾ × 20 ⅛ in
- Object Type
- Work from a Known Source: Foreign Master
- Subject Terms
- Italian View: Venice; River Scenery
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 224 as 'The Rialto, Venice'; '1797'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
John Henderson (1764–1843); then by descent to John Henderson II (1797–1878) (lent to London, 1875); bequeathed to the Museum, 1878
Binyon, 1898–1907, no.93; Dickey, 1931, p.165; Finberg, 1932, p.204
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work