- (?) Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- The Tithe Barn, Abbotsbury
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 21.6 × 32.4 cm, 8 ½ × 12 ¾ in
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Monastic Ruins;; The West Country: Devon and Dorset
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 344 as 'The Tithe Barn'; '1800'
- Description Source(s)
- Sale Catalogue; Witt Library Photograph
Herbert Horne (1864–1916); bought from him by Sir Edward Marsh (1872–1953), 1904; bought from him by Thos. Agnew & Sons (stock no.9708), 3 May 1920; bought by Charles Morland Agnew (1855–1931), 7 February 1922, £60; then by inheritance
Oppé, 1921, p.135
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work