- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Giovanni Battista Piranesi (1720-1778)
- The Temple of Augustus at Pula in Istria
- 1797 - 1798
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 28.1 × 48.4 cm, 11 ⅛ × 19 in
- Subject Terms
- Ancient Ruins
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 303 as 'Tempio di Pola in Istria'; '1798–9'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
John Henderson (1764–1843); then by descent to John Henderson II (1797–1878); bequeathed to the Museum, 1878
Binyon, 1898–1907, no.105 as 'The Same (Ruined) Temple'; Mayne, 1949, p.96; Girtin and Loshak, 1954, p.67
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work