- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- The Great Hall, Kenilworth Castle
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on paper, on an original washline mount
- 44.9 × 53.9 cm, 17 ⅝ × 21 ¼ in
'Girtin' lower left, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Castle Ruins; The Midlands
The Great Hall, Kenilworth Castle
- Catalogue Number
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2017
Sir William Forbes, 7th Baronet of Pitsligo (1773–1828); then by descent; Sotheby's, 28 March 2017, lot 264, £9,375 as 'A Woman Seated near Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire'
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work