- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Thomas Hearne (1744-1817)
- The Gatehouse, Bury St Edmunds Abbey
- (?) 1795
- Medium and Support
- Graphite, watercolour and pen and ink on wove paper
- 18.6 × 25.2 cm, 7 ⅜ × 9 ⅞ in
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 57 as 'Gate of St. Edmund's Abbey, Suffolk'; '1793'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
John Henderson (1764–1843); then by descent to John Henderson II (1797–1878) (lent to London, 1875); bequeathed to the Museum, 1878
Binyon, 1898–1907, no.86
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work