- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) and Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775-1851) after John Robert Cozens (1752-1797)
- The Euganean Hills, Seen from the Walls of Padua
- 1794 - 1797
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on wove paper, on an early mount
- 17.9 × 23.5 cm, 7 × 9 ¼ in
- Mount Dimensions
- 36.8 × 48 cm, 14 ½ × 18 ⅞ in
- Part of
- A volume owned by Dr Thomas Monro, now part of the Turner Bequest
Dr Thomas Monro (1759–1833); his posthumous sale, Christie's, 28 June 1833, lot 79 as ‘Twenty-six sketches in Switzerland and Italy, by Turner, in blue and Indian ink, in a scrap-book’; bought by Thomas Griffith for Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775–1851), £10 10s; accepted by the nation as part of the Turner Bequest, 1856
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.