- (?) Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Giovanni Battista Piranesi (1720-1778)
- The Dark Prison (Carcere Oscura)
- 1797 - 1798
- Medium and Support
- Graphite, watercolour and pen and ink on laid paper
- 44.2 × 30.8 cm, 17 ⅜ × 12 ⅛ in
- Object Type
- Work from a Known Source: Foreign Master
- Subject Terms
- Imaginary Scene
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.