- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- The Cain Falls (Pistyll Cain), near Dolgellau
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite, watercolour, bodycolour, scratching out, stopping out and gum arabic on laid paper
- 51.4 × 64.3 cm, 20 ¼ × 25 ¼ in
‘Girtin’ lower centre, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- North Wales; Waterfall Scenery
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
The Cain Falls (Pistyll Cain), near Dolgellau
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 322ii as 'Cayne Waterfall, Merioneth'; '1799'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Leggatt Brothers, London, 1948; James Leslie Wright (1862–1954); presented to the Museum, 1953
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work