- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- The Ancient Charnel House, Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1795 - 1796
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on wove paper
- 37.7 × 29.1 cm, 14 ⅞ × 11 ½ in
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
The Ancient Charnel House, Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon
The Ancient Charnel House, Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon (TG1023)
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 89ii as 'The Ancient Charnel House, Stratford-on-Avon Church'; '1794–5'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2016
James Moore (1762–99); his widow, Mary Moore (née Howett) (d.1835); bequeathed to Anne Miller (1802–90); bequeathed to Edward Mansel Miller (1829–1912); bequeathed to Helen Louisa Miller (1842–1915); bought by the Museum, 1916
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.