- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Southwell Minster, from the North West
- (?) 1794
- Medium and Support
- Graphite on wove paper
- 23.5 × 26.1 cm, 9 ¼ × 10 ¼ in
'Southwell Minster', lower centre, in pencil; ‘T. GIRTIN’, lower centre, in pen and ink by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing
- Subject Terms
- Gothic Architecture: Cathedral View; The Midlands
- Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea
- (DF 2144)
Southwell Minster, from the North West
Southwell Minster, from the North West (TG1026)
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 87i as 'Southwell Minster'
- Description Source(s)
- 1 The text accompanying the engraving of ‘Lincoln Cathedral’ (see the print after TG1008) notes that ‘James Moore … visited this Cathedral in the year 1794, accompanied by Mr. Girtin’.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work