- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Shaldon, Seen from Teignmouth
- 1797 - 1798
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper, cut and mounted onto another sheet of paper
- 31.1 × 44.2 cm, 12 ¼ × 17 ⅜ in
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Coasts and Shipping; The West Country: Devon and Dorset
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 241 as 'Headland on the Coast of South Devon (Possibly Shaldon)'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Thomas Calvert Girtin (1801–74); then by descent to Thomas Girtin (1874–1960); given to Tom Girtin (1913–94), c.1938; bought by John Baskett on behalf of Paul Mellon (1907–99), 1970; presented to the Center, 1986 (Tom Girtin said that this came from the studio)
YCBA Online as 'Headland on the Coast of South Devon, Possibly Shaldon' (Accessed 15/09/2022)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work