- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Thomas Hearne (1744-1817)
- Ripon Minster, from the River Skell
- (?) 1795
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on wove paper
- 18.7 × 24 cm, 7 ⅜ × 10 in
- Subject Terms
- Gothic Architecture; River Scenery; Yorkshire View
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 15 as 'Ripon Minster, Yorkshire'; '1791–2'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
John Henderson (1764–1843); then by descent to John Henderson II (1797–1878); bequeathed to the Museum, 1878
Redgrave, 1892, p.35; Binyon, 1898–1907, no.89
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work