- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Pont y Pair, Betws-y-Coed
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite, watercolour and scratching out on laid paper
- 35 × 52.5 cm, 13 ¾ × 20 ⅝ in
‘Girtin’ lower left, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Bridges and Weirs; North Wales; Waterfall Scenery
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 291ii as 'Pont-y-Pair, Bettws-Y-Coed, Caernarvonshire'; '1799'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 1998
Thomas Calvert Girtin (1801–74); then by descent to George Wyndham Girtin (1836–1912) (lent to London, 1875); then by descent to Thomas Girtin (1874–1960); sold to Walker's Galleries, London, 1918; bought by Mr Learoyd, 1918; ... S. D. Wetham; his sale, Christie’s, 6 November 1973, lot 143; bought by the Fry Gallery, London, £1,785; ... Sotheby’s, 9 November 1995, no.32, unsold; Sotheby’s, 16 July 1998, no.42, £6,325; Martyn Gregory Ltd, 1999
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work