- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Pont y Pair, Betws-y-Coed
- (?) 1798
- Medium and Support
- Graphite on wove paper (watermark: 1794 / J WHATMAN, partly cut)
- 16.2 × 22.4 cm, 6 ⅜ × 8 ¾ in
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing
- Subject Terms
- Bridges and Weirs; North Wales; Waterfall Scenery
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 291iii as 'Pont-y-Pair, Bettws-Y-Coed, Caernarvonshire'; '1801'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
Dr Thomas Monro (1759–1833); his posthumous sale, Christie's, 26–28 June and 1–2 July 1833 (day and lot number not known); bought by Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775–1851); accepted by the nation as part of the Turner Bequest, 1856
Finberg, 1909, vol.2, p.1240 as 'Pont-y-Pair, Caernarvonshire'; Girtin and Loshak, 1954, p.82
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work