- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Pont Seiont, Looking Towards Mynydd Mawr (Big Mountain)
- (?) 1798
- Medium and Support
- Watercolour on laid paper
- 15 × 23.4 cm, 5 ⅞ × 9 ¼ in
- Object Type
- On-the-spot Colour Sketch
- Subject Terms
- Hills and Mountains; North Wales
Pont Seiont, Looking towards Mynydd Mawr (Big Mountain)
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 363 as 'Called Beddgelert (probably Cader Idris)'; 'Out-of-door sketch'; '1800'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001, 2002 and 2018
Chambers Hall (1786–1855); presented to the Museum, 1855
Manchester, 1975, no.68 as ’Mountainous Landscape with River and Bridge’; London, 1985, no.80c as ’Landscape with Hill and Cloud’; Cleveland, 1991, no.37 as ’Landscape with Hills and Clouds: Mynydd Mawr’; London, 2002, no.118 as ’Mynnydd Mawr, North Wales’
Binyon, 1898–1907, no.7 as 'Landscape with Hill and Cloud'; Mayne, 1949, p.93; Kriz, 1997, pp.25–26
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work