- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Part of the North-West Tower of the West Front of Peterborough Cathedral
- (?) 1794
- Medium and Support
- Graphite on paper
- 14 × 11.4 cm, 5 ½ × 4 ½ in
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing
- Subject Terms
- Cambridgeshire; Gothic Architecture: Cathedral View
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 84ii as 'Peterborough Cathedral'; '1794'
- Description Source(s)
- Girtin and Loshak, 1954; untraced in an audit in 2003
Charles Sackville Bale (1791–1880); his posthumous sale, possibly Christie’s, 16 May 1881, lot 391 (9 items); bought by 'Palser', £3 5s; J. Palser & Sons; Edward Cohen (1816–86); then by bequest to his niece, Isabella Oswald (1838–1905); her posthumous sale, Robins & Hine, 30 March 1905, lot unknown; Sir Edward Marsh (1872–1953); bequeathed through the National Art-Collections Fund, 1953
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work