- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- On the River Exe, Exeter
- (?) 1797
- Medium and Support
- Graphite on paper
- 22.2 × 32.4 cm, 8 ¾ × 12 ¾ in
- Object Type
- Outline Drawing
- Subject Terms
- Panoramic Format; River Scenery; The West Country: Devon and Dorset
On the River Exe, Exeter
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 201i as 'On the Exe, near Exeter'
- Description Source(s)
- Girtin and Loshak, 1954
Henry Melville Gaskell (1879–1954), by 1929
- 1 The financial records of the artist's brother John Girtin (1773–1821) include two loans he made to Thomas Girtin during the trip. The records are transcribed in full in the Documents section of the Archive (1804 – Item 1).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work