- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Thomas Malton the Younger (1748-1804)
- London: The Bank from the Mansion House, with St Christopher-le-Stocks
- 1795 - 1796
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 32.5 × 47.4 cm, 12 ¾ × 18 ⅝ in
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour; Unfinished Watercolour; Work from a Known Source: Contemporary British
- Subject Terms
- City Life and Labour; London Architecture
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 114 as 'Cornhill and the Bank in 1795'; '1795'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
John Henderson (1764–1843); then by descent to John Henderson II (1797–1878) (lent to London, 1875); bequeathed to the Museum, 1878
Binyon, 1898–1907, no.96 as 'Cornhill and the Bank in 1795'
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work