- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Lincoln Cathedral, from the West
- 1795 - 1796
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on paper
- 38.4 × 28.8 cm, 15 ⅛ × 11 ⅜ in
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Gothic Architecture: Cathedral View; Lincolnshire
- Lincoln: The Collection
- (UG 27/128)
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 86ii as 'Lincoln Cathedral'; '1794'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Walker’s Galleries, London; bought from them, 1929
Walker’s Monthly, July 1929, p.3
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work