- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802) after Thomas Hearne (1744-1817)
- Lanercost Priory Church: An Interior View of the Ruins from the South Transept
- (?) 1795
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on wove paper
- 25.5 × 19.7 cm, 10 × 7 ¾ in
- Subject Terms
- Monastic Ruins; The Lake District
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 58 as 'Lanercost Priory, Cumberland'; '1793'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2018
John Henderson (1764–1843); then by descent to John Henderson II (1797–1878) (lent to London, 1875); bequeathed to the Museum, 1878
Binyon, 1898–1907, no.88; Dickey, 1931, p.165
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work