- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Harlech Castle
- (?) 1798
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 37 × 53.8 cm, 14 ½ × 21 ⅛ in
‘Harlech Castle, Girtin’ on the back, by an unknown hand, in pencil
- Object Type
- On-the-spot Colour Sketch; Visible Fold in the Paper
- Subject Terms
- Castle Ruins; North Wales
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 267 as 'Harlech Castle, Merionethshire'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001
Herbert Horne (1864–1914); bought from him by Sir Edward Marsh (1872–1953), 1904 (lent to London, 1916); bequeathed through the National Art-Collections Fund, 1953
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work