- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Guisborough Priory: The Ruined East End
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper, with a narrow strip of wove paper added at the bottom
- 66 × 48.3 cm, 26 × 19 in (the e×tra strip measures c.2 cm high)
‘Girtin 1801’ lower left, by Thomas Girtin
Guisborough Priory: The Ruined East End
Guisborough Priory: The Ruined East End (TG1697)
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 430ii as 'Guisborough Priory, Yorkshire'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2001 and 2002
Edward Lascelles (1764–1814); then by descent to Henry Lascelles, 4th Earl of Harewood (1824–92); his sale, Christie’s, 1 May 1858, lot 50 as 'Guisborough Priory - upright. A capital drawing'; bought by 'Colnaghi', 22 gns; John Dillon (d.1869); his posthumous sale, Christie’s, 17 April 1869, lot 29; bought by 'White', 49 gns; Col. R. Ovie; bought from him by Thos. Agnew & Sons (stock no.9611), 9 April 1920; bought from them by the Gallery, 16 April 1920, £350
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.