- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- An Unidentified House in an Open Landscape
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on paper
- 21 × 35.5 cm, 8 ¼ × 14 in
‘Girtin’ lower left, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- The Smaller House and Garden; Unidentified Topographical View
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 298 as 'Unidentified Country House'
- Description Source(s)
- Colour Photograph
Adrian Bury (1891–1991); P. J. Westwood; Spink & Son Ltd, London, 1960; presented by the Trustees of the Morton Allport Memorial Bequest, 1961
Morris, 1985, pp.41–45
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work