- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- An Unidentified Estuary, Probably in the West Country
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper (part watermark: elephant walking on a hillock)
- 11.7 × 53.3 cm, 4 ⅝ × 21 in
- Object Type
- Colour Sketch: Studio Work
J. Palser & Sons; bought by Herbert Powell (1863–1950), 23 January 1918; entrusted to the National Art-Collections Fund, 1929; presented to the Tate Gallery, 1967
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.