- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- An Estuary Scene, Probably in the West Country
- (?) 1797
- Medium and Support
- Watercolour on laid paper, on an original mount (possibly in its original frame)
- 22.5 × 42.5 cm, 8 ⅞ × 16 ¾ in
‘Girtin’ lower left, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- On-the-spot Colour Sketch
- Subject Terms
- Coasts and Shipping; Panoramic Format; The West Country: Devon and Dorset
- Harewood House, Yorkshire
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 256 as 'Coastal Scene (possibly Devonshire)'; '1798'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 1999 and 2001
Edward Lascelles (1764–1814); then by descent
Borenius, 1936, no.309 as 'Landscape'; Hill, 1995, p.35, p.55; Tuck, 1997, pp.98–99
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work