- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- Abbotsbury: The Tithe Barn, with a Pond
- (?) 1797
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 27 × 32.4 cm, 10 ⅝ × 12 ¾ in
- Object Type
- On-the-spot Colour Sketch
- 1 The financial records of the artist's brother John Girtin (1773–1821) include two loans he made to Thomas Girtin during the trip. The records are transcribed in full in the Documents section of the Archive (1804 – Item 1).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.