- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- A Reconstruction of Moreton Corbet Castle, from the West
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 32.9 × 52.5 cm, 13 × 20 ⅝ in
‘Girtin 1800’ lower centre, by Thomas Girtin
- Object Type
- Commissioned from Thomas Girtin; Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Country House View; Shropshire View
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 364 as 'Moreton Corbet Castle, Shropshire'
- Description Source(s)
- Viewed in 2011
Sir Andrew Corbet, 1st Baronet (1766–1835); then by descent to Lady Lesbia Rachel Lambe (née Corbet); then by descent; Sotheby's, 7 July 2011, lot 320 as 'North View of Moreton Corbet Castle, Shropshire', £11,250; Julia Korner Fine Art
Tonkin, 1983, p.32
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work