- Thomas Girtin (1775-1802)
- A House Reflected in the Waters of an Estuary
- 1798 - 1799
- Medium and Support
- Graphite and watercolour on laid paper
- 17.6 × 27.5 cm, 6 ⅞ × 10 ¹³⁄₁₆ in
- Object Type
- Studio Watercolour
- Subject Terms
- Coasts and Shipping; Unidentified Topographical View
- Catalogue Number
- Girtin & Loshak Number
- 381 as 'River and Hills with a White House'; a 'water-colour study, probably out door'; '1800'
- Description Source(s)
- Museum Website
Christie’s, 13 December 1926, lot 7 as 'A Study of Hills and River'; bought by Thos. Agnew & Sons (stock no.2298); F. C. Annesley, 1954; Lord Ivor Charles Spencer-Churchill (1898–1956); Thos. Agnew & Sons, 1964; bought from them by an anonymous collector, £450; presented to the Museum, 1972
Agnew’s, 1927, no.33 as ’The Edge of the Lake’; Agnew’s, 1938, no.76 as ’The Edge of the Lake’
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.
About this Work