William George Rawlinson (1840–1928) was a silk merchant who was responsible for cataloguing the prints of Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775–1851), many of which he owned himself. In 1878 he published Turner’s Liber Studiorum: A Description and a Catalogue, and the two-volume The Engraved Work of J. M. W. Turner followed in 1908 and 1913 (Rawlinson, 1878; Rawlinson, 1908–13). His substantial collection of Turner watercolours included two works that are now attributed to Girtin (TG0366 and TG0347), and five other ‘Turners’ were in all probability produced in collaboration with Girtin.

1795 - 1796

Part of the Ruins of the Savoy Palace, Westminster Bridge Beyond


1795 - 1796

Glamis Castle (Macbeth’s Castle)